Saturday, July 25, 2009

So yesterday the area was hit with rain - we got 1/2 inch. But south and west of us they had hail, straight line winds and a lot of damage. 5 buildings were blown down, 7-8,000 acres of crops destroyed beyond use. Sorry for those people.

Today again I worked on the trees. I have 5 rows that are completely free of thistles and trim right up to the trunk of the tree. I am working on 3 more rows and getting them closer.

I sprayed 5 rows on Thursday night and am waiting for the spray to work before I go in and attack the thistles. With luck I will have the whole thing cleaned up by the time of our annual picnic Aug. 16th.

It is hard physical work so I can only handle a little at a time - but also rewarding.

Tomorrow I will work some more on it while the guys are at an auction for the Wiota John Deere tractor club. Great social time for time.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment